Sunday, May 15, 2011

Come One, Come All

Deborah Turbeville photo, courtesy of Skinner, Inc.
You prowl antique stores, read auction catalogs in bed.

You collect Murano glass, or fish, or paperweights, or Murano glass fish paperweights. 

You've never collected, but would like to start.

You'd like to punch up your Pottery Barn with some more unique pieces.

You're an urban dweller who has always loved a good yard sale.

You love 1st Dibs, but pass out at the prices.

Bram van Velde print, 
courtesy of Skinner, Inc
Or, maybe you simply love blogs of pretty things--plush, visual comforts in this hard and rocky world.
Welcome.

Old Paris cologne bottle, courtesy
of Crescent City Auction Gallery
I, the Auction Addict, hereby promise to share my finds, yens and indulgences with you.  And, as I do this, I will attempt to demystify the entire process of bidding at auction, online or otherwise.  Note that I am not an expert, only an addicted enthusiast with years of experience under her vintage crocodile belt, and a passion for my subject matter. So: auction newbies, old pros, anglophiles, francophiles, neo-neo-classicists, midcentury modernists, antique snobs and bargain seekers, I embrace you. Come along on my journey.

Yours Ever Truly,

The Auction Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment